Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm making animals and people and bugs with my stuff from yard sales and just general junk. I love it! I can actually use some power tools, even though it's a bit scary, and I've found some good glue. I recommend E-6000 for making salvage junk art. I want to try JB Weld. I googled this and found other artists are having success gluing metal parts together with it.


I am not new to junk sculpture-I've been playing with this art form for about 10 years. All of the things I've made are in my gardens. For now, I'm making little folks that are intended for indoor use.
This little guy will be at my Etsy store very soon, along with quite a few of his pals.

2 comments:

Kendra Joyner said...

Hi Debra!! You're so creative! It sounds like fun to create junk art...and use power tools...now that is fun!! This economy does stink, at least for my art it does. So I have been taking a break from selling.

I've seen some ebay artists that I have followed since I started and they still seem to be going strong...but their art is collected from all over...and popular to have...

It may take along time for things to turn around...so in the meantime, I have farm dreams to think about!! hehe!

Baggaraggs: said...

D-Bean, I can't wait to see the rest of your Stuff. Very Cool. Robin