Monday, February 22, 2010

I am making birds... I've been away from this blog for too long. I was caught up in several projects, and honestly trying to find what I really want to be making. I have found it-though it was really staring at me all the while...My love of birds goes way way back to my childhood. I had grandparents who loved wild birds and fed them from their hands. I associate birds with love. That must be why I'm finding it so easy to make this bird. I'm making our Ring-necked dove, Norton, who is right behind me now in his aviary. While I'm hand-sewing the feathers, I come out to see just how his feathers are on his back or wings-whatever part I'm working on. I absolutely love making this bird, and I have plans for many more. His beak will have to be whittled down and stained dark, and the feet need some work. I'm using wool and scraps of very old hand woven cloth. He is looking very folky.

4 comments:

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I can tell he is going to be a very handsome and folksy fellow!

Riverwood Primitives said...

I love him!

angiesraggedypatch said...

It will be a masterpeice I am sure!:)
hugs~
angie

the Inner 'I' said...

Sometimes what you're looking for is right in front of you all the time! I know I'm going to love your birds.