Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I finished the Killdeer. I am very happy with this bird. I think it's wonderful that while I sit in my studio, I watch birds at the feeder right by my window, I hear them in my yard, and I have great books filled with photos for reference.
I especially love it when I find a nest like I did today. It had a baby robin in it that's still pink!!! And I know where there's a mourning dove's nest....
Here's a few photos of the Killdeer~
I made a light box for photo-taking. I'm happy with it, but haven't found the exact light bulbs for perfect white. Thankfully, I can Photoshop to get the right tone. And by the way, it cost me about 2 bucks to make the light box.

2 comments:

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I love your killdeer! You got the little "twinkle legs," as I call them, just perfect!!! Plus what a cute expression!!!

Abi said...

Oh my gosh,I love your birds... they are magical!

Not sure if you've caught up with my art doll giveaway with a twist on my blog....I'm raising money for animals along with it... (sorry if you already have.. it's got a bit overwhelming!)

Happy Independence Day weekend to you X