Thursday, July 8, 2010

light box and Etsy

Just wanted to quickly put in a note here...I love reading the Etsy emails. I can't tell you how much help I've gotten from the stories, blogs and comment threads they include in the emails you can sign up for when you're  a seller there. One REALLY amazing tip I got and put into practice was a Photoshop help. It's all about 'the dynamic range.' I have an old version of Photoshop, so I had to find my own settings, but when I did it-the white just popped in my photos. I've been changing all of them so it looks like there's so much more light in my photos. Who wants to look at drab, dark photos when you're shopping for art or just plain looking at art?
Here's what I did-your setting names might be different. I wish I still had the name of the person that wrote the post-but I don't. A loud thank you, though!!!!
  • Get your image up in Photoshop, and crop it or whatever, first.
  • On my version, way over to the bottom right, there's a little circle icon. Half of it is black, the other half white. Click on it. (This is all in "Full Edit")
  • There's a drop-down box, and I think one of them says 'levels' (I'll have to go back and check). Yep, it does...
  • Click on 'levels.' There's a graph-thing that you can move a button to change the light in your photo. Just move it (there's a contrast one underneath it) til you see everything as white as you want it. Moving the little white button magically reveals things in your photo that were lost in darkness. This is such an easy fix!
  • Save the photo.
And that's it!
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6516971&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=this+Etsy+forum+thread&utm_content=etsy_success_070110&utm_campaign=etsy_success_070110
If this link doesn't work, just copy and paste it in your browser-it'll take you right to the forum thread. It's VERY helpful. Thanks again!

No comments: