Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taking a quick break to show what I've been doing. I made a mannequin form the same way I make my birds (See video below). I have seen great how-tos that involve duct taping a friend's body, then carefully cutting the form off, re-taping the form and then stuffing it. I started with my collection of plastic grocery bags and masking tape-just forming a body shape with them. I put an old mop handle up through the form before I had it done. After I had it in the shape I wanted (believe me, it's much smaller than me-but will work for the purpose I have in mind!) I duct taped over the bags. I wanted a very rustic look, so one of my coffee bean bags over the whole form served the purpose. Just sew it together over the form, not worrying about seams-I wanted a prim look anyway. I have it propped in an old galvanized pail, which I will eventually fill with cement and put the handle in it so the mannequin will stand on her own. She is life-sized and I'm so happy with how she looks! I need to name her-so if you have any ideas, drop me a comment.

I'm also making awards or badges, burlap animals, more bags....

3 comments:

Abi said...

Simply gorgeous :O)

Michele said...

i've always thought of making a mannequin and still haven't wrapped my head around how to make it to my size... i'm a very odd shape.

yours is wonderful!

Baggaraggs: said...

You know Bean, its a very odd thing. I saw Nanny McPhee returns and I have gotten all the things togethr to make bagdes. Now I see that you already have. We should have a Badge off...I am so thankful that GOD is in bothof our Lives Bean. The same Spirit that whispers in your ear knows that I know you and whispers in my ear too.