Friday, January 14, 2011

A new bird...

 I've spent my studio-time this week making a grebe. I think it's a 'deconstructed' style of building. I had a lot of fun, but actually-it was a real challenge. I had to set it aside at times and work out how to change it, or what layers to add.


 I do realise it's not for everyone...but he is very cute in person, and looks very 'put together.'

 He definitely has a personality, which is part of what I aim at when I make a bird, or paint a painting. If that little 'spark' is missing, I always know it. I don't show those failures-they get recycled into other art projects.

At a second hand store I bought a small pile of old clippings from newspapers. In the pile was an antique Crisco label. It was saved for the recipe on the back. I loved the old colors and art. I have another one from an old 'Spry' can-that stuff was like Crisco. That label is just waiting to be used in my bird making adventures...

1 comment:

Катя Макогон said...

you do masterpieces!!!