Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Making folk art owls-and other stuff



 I'm working on some owls. I don't have much to blog about that's very interesting, I think. I guess I do this blog for myself-it's a different way of following my direction-of cataloging stuff. I can't see that what I do is so very wonderful-I just have a love for birds that is braided up in my mind with my love for my grandparents. They taught me a love for God that I did not get anywhere else. Their unconditional love for my brother and I is a joyous memory. They did love birds and taught us the same just by their example. And I don't mean a twisted, out of proportion love-they loved people first. They had hundreds of friends-just because they truly loved people, and made them feel treasured. They were always ready to share their faith in God...
 I have been able to share my beliefs with people I have never met-just because of what I do here in this studio (a mess right now). I think if I start right where I am, with what I have right this moment, God can use me. Even if it's just one person-maybe I can make a difference.




( Yes-I do have a lot of books....)
The beautiful old copper tub was being thrown away, along with some wonderful old shutters. I asked the owner of the little trash pile if I could have the stuff. He was happy to be rid of it. My husband loaded it in our car, and now it has a special place.

Only God can take a cast-away and change it into something precious. He changes lives. He changed mine.

1 comment:

thefisherlady said...

Only God can take a cast-away and change it into something precious. He changes lives. He changed mine.

This is precious!