Sunday, August 26, 2012

In a sortof a slump...

 I have not been in this state of mind about my art-ever. I sit at my drawing table and do other things-just think about painting, making, sewing-but don't do it. My bass guitar sits waiting for me to pick it up and play. I'm not reading any books except the Bible and study books by Joyce Meyer...
 I want to create, and seem to be in some kind of mental bind-it's hard to explain, but hard to work through too. I look at my old paintings and know I can do it again-but lack the courage-or something...





Well, I know there's purpose in everything~
I will get through this spell, and be better for it.
Would love to hear from fellow artists what works for you to work out the artist's blocks, or anything you might want to comment about it...

3 comments:

Baggaraggs: said...

Bean, I have been through this. I usually have period right after the Christmas holidays where I can't seem to sit down and make a thing. I feel stuck at these times because my MIND keeps on making things but my ability to actualize these thoughts get turned off. I think it helps to write your ideas down and give yourself permission to NOT MAKE. Just embrace it. I think it helps to do other things for a bit.
Other folks suggest that you just keep showing up at your drawing table and see what happens. reguardless of what you decide to DO, have Faith. This happens to everyone. It will pass and in the mean time occupy yourself with something else.
Right now I am frightfully sick of making dolls. I am totally absorbed with paperbags...LOL as you can see.
You are creative. You are an artist and NOTHING will ever change that.
Love you Bean, Baggy

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here in a BIG slump of my own. I can offer no suggestions or encouragement. Maybe if misery likes company you can take some comfort in knowing you aren't alone. For sure, your spark will ignite - and I hope mine does too, one of these days!!

Debra said...

Well~it does help to know I'm not alone....I haven't really experienced it like this before....I can't believe it-I'm even watching afternoon TV because I can't draw or paint.....I think I'm just going to try to force myself a little to get off the couch!