Friday, March 1, 2013

Making faces...

 Since I have a lot of odd junk, I like to make faces with it. These people were sold a while ago at my Etsy shop. I've noticed through shop stats that the first guy-Rasputin, The Holder of Flowers, gets quite a few views. So I'll tell you how I made these fellows. It's pretty easy-find a board-even plywood -it will be covered anyway. Now arrange some interesting stuff like rake things, old garden tools, a can, scraps of wood-anything that pleases your eye and looks like a face. I wire things on the wood, and also screw them into the wood. Please wear eye protection when you use power tools.
 Make some kind of hanger for the back-like a loop of heavy wire. Note-put the hanger on the back first-before putting stuff on the front-it's much easier that way. I always coat these people with outdoor sealer, so they can be displayed in gardens.
This is Ramona. You can see just how easy it is to make a sweet but primitive face-just using lovely junk....

4 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

They are amazing and very clever. Love them.

Baggaraggs: said...

Bean, I love these guys. You are such and inspiring soul Debra Bean.
Your work is marvelous.
Love you Baggs

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra - I've been remiss in following all the wonderful things you have been up to on this blog. I adore this face...I can see this hanging in a garden cheering up a shady spot. You are so talented my friend.

Lea said...

Beautiful and so interesting.... it's like they just take on a personality and character!