Friday, March 8, 2013

Two new birds

 I am happy with two birds I have just finished making.
I have to say, it is with some surprise that I say I am happy with them.
Finishing a piece is always a little scary. I reach a point sometimes that I don't know what to do next. Art becomes more problem solving than putting right colors together, or the correct texture. It is very hard for me to write about....
Adding the wire wings suited my eyes, and to be honest-it was by accident-not a real conscious decision I made. And I guess that's part of the mystery of art-making.

 I feel I am so new at fiber art-there is so much to learn.



4 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra - you may think you are new to fiber art but to my eye it looks like you have been doing it forever. You really have an artist eye for what looks right. You certainly should be satisfied. I love the poses you put them in as well. Take care dear one - love Debbie

A bird in the hand said...

Both are stunning. I saw the wire "feathers" immediately -- I believe sometimes the best parts are "accidents" although they're probably not merely accidents but a flash of subconscious inspiration.
Very, very well done!

Janie P said...




WONDERFUL!

Lea said...

I am in LOVE!!! Girl that is absolutely wonderful! I'm just amazed... even still... all the more! lol