Thursday, April 18, 2013

Busy making...

 I'm a little embarrassed to keep showing stuff I'm making-it seems so selfish-but right now I don't have anything else to blog about, and my making is filling the free days I have to spend in my studio-which are precious to me!
I'm making aprons-some will go to my Etsy shop, and some to help raise money for a good cause.
I have to admit-I'm having so much fun with these!
 More bags are finding their way to my 'done' pile, and just wait for photos for my shop.


 I have some birds that will be for sale too. The little owl is made of mohair. I made a pattern for him, and his bottom has pebbles in it, so he will sit still, and not fall over.
This is part of a bag-the closure of the front of it. Since each of my bags are different-I like to fool around with different ways of closing the tops. This one was posing a quandary for me....Sometimes I have to walk away from a project, and think about it. But this one had special problems that I needed to solve. I prayed. And God gave me the coolest idea for using the clothes pin. I just think it's so amazing! First-that He cares-even about a tiny thing like that, and second-because it looks so good, and it solved all the problems I was working with on that bag!
Yea! Thank You, God! You are the coolest, most amazing, awesomest! WooHoo! Yippee!!!

1 comment:

Debbie Nolan said...

Ohhh! I love your busy making...never apologize for sharing your work. I can't wait to see some of your aprons and yes God did give you an awesome idea regarding that clothespin. I so enjoy seeing what you are making dear friend. Take care and have a wonderful week.