Thursday, May 23, 2013

A new venture

 I have always sewn my own clothing. I started out with Barbie dolls, learning to sew clothes for them. I don't think I bothered with Ken's clothing-I wasn't interested in what he wore.
 
I am trying to combine color and simple sewing to make shawls and scarves. I'm using some new t shirt fabric, and some from thrift shops. It will all be hand sewing, but quite simple. So far, I like the effect, but I understand, It's not for everyone.
 Next I want to have animals and plants on the shawls and scarves. Perhaps hats will follow.
 I have made two new primitive birds.

My stack of cigar boxes inspires me-I want to make little rooms with people in them. Still an idea that's cooking somewhere in my head!

3 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra - I hope your idea for those cigar boxes keeps cooking. I love the idea and I know that when you get those people "stirred up in your kettle" I will love the outcome!! Have a great week-end. Hugs Debbie

Lea said...

I'm with Debbie... can't wait to see what you come up with in those beautiful boxes! Love the things you're working on...and especially the BIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAJOR LOVE

Jane said...

Hi Debra,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and following along! I've been reading through your posts and love your work....especially the bags you create, they are all just beautiful!
Jane