Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New work....

 I have to work on a few projects at the same time-that's just how I work best. Some of them I don't finish-I put them away and bring them out when I can look at them in a new way.
But this one is new. I wanted to do some free motion stitching with my new machine, and found a sketch I did a few years ago that I thought would translate nicely to that type of stitching.
 I am pleased with how it's coming out! The blue marks are disappearing pencil and can be washed out. I'm hoping I can wash it out while avoiding the paper and ungluing the other stuff.

I have quite a bit of work to do before it's finished, but I am very happy with it so far. The text is from my printer-I just made up stories and printed them on fabric by ironing the fabric to freezer sheets, and putting it in the printer. It works very well for thin material, and seems to handle hand washing without coming off.
I really love free motion stitching, and want to do lots more...

2 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

We have a winner. I like this a lot. I use a disappearing pen; by the time you've finished stitching, it's disappeared, no washing necessary. It makes thing easier.

Attic Clutter said...

I really like her(:)