Monday, September 30, 2013

Well howdy!

 On my blog-away time, I revamped my Etsy shop, by taking off some things, and re-photographing most of my items. I even changed some titles, prices, and put shipping charges with the cost-something I didn't include before reading some forums at Etsy about it. Whew-it was a lot of work, but my shop really needed a makeover. This bird got his picture taken again. I'm so very happy to have found out how to do some Photoshop tricks to make the background white.
I want to tell that I really really prayed about all of this-and I believe God answered my prayers.
 I have a blog post about making plaster birds. I'm so happy to say that 3 of these fellows will be in Stampington's Somerset Studio Gallery magazine, which will be on the news stands in December. I will have ten pair of these birds for sale in my shop soon...
I also made some brooches. They are simple and all hand sewn. Just have a safety pin on the backs for pinning to clothes or a pocketbook.
It's fun to show what I've been doing....I really do appreciate you for looking!
Well-back to my studio!
 
~Debra

2 comments:

Deborah Darling said...

Hello Debra, what beautiful things you have made :) I love them . Please would it be possible to buy your duckie broach, if its for sale , I love it :) let me know when you are putting it into your etsy shop and I shall whizz accross and buy it, thankyou for sharing your makes, its such a joy :) xxxxxxxxxx

Lea said...

Debra, I'm so glad your prayers were answered. I just LOVE your artwork so much.... thank you for sharing it all here. You're such a blessing! Inspiring too! Those birds just intrigue me and one day I'd love to try to make one.