Thursday, June 12, 2014

another painting

I like using collage and painting together, but I've been reading about the legality of using parts of someone else's work in your own. In fact, I've spent about an hour reading stuff-you can find opinions ranging from no problem-to having a law suit filed against you. So, I am playing it safe by using my own photographs and images that are not copyrighted.
I feel a little silly with the great big name and copyright plastered over my work, but it's not silly to protect yourself. 

2 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra - this is fabulous. I love the colors you chose (blue is my favorite). You are so talented friend. I too get confused about using other parts or images and what is allowed to be used. I believe you have chosen well to use your own images. Must email you and ask you how you got your copyright - on your photos and art work. Think I should be safe as well. Hugs!

lifeatcoralcottage.com said...

Debra - not silly at all it is smart business practice. Unfortunately, we know there are always unscrupulous people out there.
Charming chair, in the collage and I love the color. xo