Monday, June 16, 2014

Paperclay and Celluclay

 I'm finally finishing these girls. Their arms will be driftwood sticks with a little paperclay for hands. I'm writing a story to go with the ladies too.



Also finishing these clothes pin foxes. I was lucky to have vintage pipe cleaners for their tails. Paperclay is wonderful to work with over wood like these pins, wooden spoons, old wood handled tools, boards...It will form a very hard and fast adhesion to the wood. I've tested it even outdoors, and it is very firm-no gluing needed. (Wet the wood first-I always do) I used Celluclay for the ladies-I like the rough texture. You can't get fine detail with that product, but it's still a lot of fun and also very hard when dry.

3 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

I love these ladies and the foxes. I am in awe of you! (This would make such an enjoyable workshop.)

lifeatcoralcottage.com said...

Fascinating to see the process. I agree with a bird in hand it would make a great workshop.
Ladies are charming and foxes are foxy! xo Kim

Debbie Nolan said...

These ladies' faces are awesome and your foxes too. It looks like the month of June has been so good to you and your beautiful creative side. Thank you so much for sharing these. Can't wait to see what you will be doing next.