Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More Spool People...

 Here is the group portrait-
everyone move in a little closer...that's it-say 'cheese!'
No-well, be still and glum then.
 I'm not at all sure where these people came from. Have I been that gloomy lately?
They certainly came from my head and hands, but also they spookily have their own little personalities and stories.
Some of them maybe not so nice?
  It's funny, but as they were being created and their hair applied-I felt like I had actually seen people that looked like some of these characters!

These two make me scratch my head-I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I painted them! It's not like they are exactly creepy, but certainly not sweet.....
Oh well. They all will get some sort of fabric, maybe hats, flowers, a bow tie...
I woke up thinking about this group. It's the best of what I have done this week. I have a pile of about 23 more that are rejects for now. I can't work out the faces on paper first, so it takes me longer if I need to repaint-but that's okay. I am very happy to have 1/3 of the total that pass my judgment.
 
Thank you so much for taking a look-I would love hearing about what you are working on, and please leave a link or blog name so I can see your work !


4 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

Last night I watched a program on Cardinal Richelieu on French TV. As I looked at your spool people, there he was! The cardinal himself, 3rd photo from the top, the spool person on the left.
So well done, Debra. They have strong personalities :-)

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Debra - I don't think these are spooky at all - maybe more sober would be the term I'd use. They are really neat my friend. Love the idea of bow ties and hats. Have a lovely day creating.

Deborah Darling said...

these are fabulous and really form an art piece when displayed together. I seldom sketch before i sculpt, I think the characters that we make, are lying asleep, dormant in our fingers, waiting to come to life.Lovely work Debra ! xxx

Penny said...

Sometimes people have had a rough life and their faces develop into it -- but inside they are really sweet, loving people *smile*