Saturday, August 9, 2014

Etsy shop update

 I have finished seven more spool doll heads that will be updated to my shop as soon as I can see straight again....I have been online editing the photos for a few hours, and it affects my vision-not fun!

 I've had so much fun making these people.
I have had to discard more than half of them-I tried painting over some to start again, but sometimes it just does not work.
 So I just keep going forward. Even though I have some very good photos for reference, the best faces come out of my head.
I like it that their hair is not perfect-in fact, the styling can be downright weird!


 I am not a person to make hags, but in a way, she's sorta sweet!
This fellow is one of my favorites too....

5 comments:

Penny said...

They're all wonderful!!

Debbie Nolan said...

Dearest Debra - these are so amazing even your hag (I am kinda partial to her too)!! Just wonderful art friend and such a great imagination you have. Hope all is well - have a beautiful day.

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Wow Debra, I love all of them! They are all very much in deep thought! You can just imagine the tiny little spooley thoughts that are going on in their spooley little heads!! They are poets,and knitters, and artists, and scientists and teachers and writers (and the Hag is actually an renowned herbalist with a heart for humanity)! Hee

You have a real talent!
Have a wonderful day!! Many BLESSINGS Linnie

Phyllis Oller said...

I LOVE these,Debra! I wonder if the first couple may be of the elderly woman who teached you to crochet? Your art is always amazing,Phyllis

Deborah Darling said...

These are fabulous Debra ! xxxx