Thursday, September 25, 2014

A new doll....

 I work on a few projects at the same time, as paperclay needs time to dry, and I also make little things to go with my dolls sometimes. I've been working on this one for a while, and finally have her finished.
 I made the carpet bag using a scrap of snow fence wood, some upholstery fabric and little tacks. The bag has deer leather handles and a very old button. It does not open and close. The doll's hands are sewn together, holding the bag between them.
 She has mohair for hair and her velvet cape is sewn to her head-it can't be removed, and the rest of the clothing can't be removed as well. I used a combination of old fabric and new.
She will be for sale at my Etsy shop, with the dolls in the previous post sometime soon.
I have a huge fondness for carpet bags.....

7 comments:

jean said...

This doll is magical! Love the satchel, the clothes, her face, etc.etc.etc.

Dee said...

Your doll is wonderful...love the purse. I am so happy to let you know I got my package today....love each piece. Thank you so much. ♥

A bird in the hand said...

Debra! Wow! She is amazing. All that detail. Well done, you!!

Debbie Nolan said...

Ah Debra - she is truly wonderful. What talent you have my friend. I love the carpet bag. All the work you put into her is just amazing. I am sure she will go fast in your shop. Hugs!!

Penny said...

She's wonderful!! I know she holds a story within her heart and I'd love it if she told it to us.

Lea said...

Oh Debra this gal just came to life! What a character she is and I know she has a story in your heart. I too have a love for carpetbags... the older the better and how you created this one..... well there is much love in that little bag I know!!! I've never made a paperclay face before and it all intrigues me. Love your creations so much!!! Tell my friends at Sparrowgrass hello!

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Swooon!
Debra
I LOVE her!!
XXX OOO LINNIE