Thursday, July 30, 2015

Stuff I'm working on...

 I've been working on jobs around our home that need doing-but I guess ideas for art projects have been boiling in my head as well. This doll project is a long one in the making because every step has been a problem solving one. Now that I have a wooden armature for them, I have to add fabric for the bodies and add the arms. I wanted a sturdy 'skeleton' to build on, and to have them firmly planted in blocks of wood so they will stand. They have paperclay heads, and will have paperclay hands. The feet are still a mystery. I have a special story to share when they are done about the inspiration for these dolls. It's a story very close to my heart. It may take a few weeks to get to the point of having one finished enough to tell you more about them.
I especially love design, and animals make their way into my art a lot. I am going to add fabric scraps to this piece and then I guess it will be a wall hanging.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

5 comments:

Debbie Nolan said...

Oh friend- can't wait to see these finished and to hear your story. I love how animals make their way into your art. Hugs!

Maywyn Studio said...

Beautiful work. I'm anxious to see them finished. I know they will be fantastic.

jenclair said...

I, too, am eager to see how these dolls progress! The sturdy armatures are a great idea. And the stitched animals have such appeal!

Penny said...

Oh, I'm so intrigued. Love it when I read about a 'work in progress' as we all go through the trial and error part. Looks like you've gotten a VERY good start.

A bird in the hand said...

Love seeing your ideas come to fruition.