Thursday, October 15, 2015

 I have started to work on clothing, one doll at a time. Even though it's fun, it's also hard. I take a lot of time figuring out colors and personality. I have just shown a small peek here at the first one. I should be done with this one in a week; then I will tell the inspiration story-because I just can't wait any longer!
This is the fellow I didn't like. You can see I've changed him here. This is before the crackle. Below is after.

This is more like what I was after I think. This is the fellow I will not be trying to sell, because he really does look like he's being blown over by a strong wind. I think he'd tip over too easily.

 The rest of the gang I did a few changes on their faces, and resealed them with Liquitex Matte Varnish-which I really like. I have given them 3 coats of it. (I think I wrote 'Golden' brand on a previous post, but it's Liquitex)





5 comments:

Maywyn Studio said...

Clothes! Yay! Great progress. I love the way you put so much thought into your pieces. The quality shows.
I like the first guy's smile.

jenclair said...

I love their expressions! :) Clothes are fun, but I find them difficult--so many decisions to make! Fabric choices, styles, and actually getting them sewn together; it always takes longer than you think. Can't wait to see each of them all dressed up!

Penny said...

I love them all!! I couldn't help it -- stories were popping into my head with each look. Yeah, clothes are difficult -- once into it though they usually become fun. Sort of a 'look what I did' feeling and aren't those great?

susan hemann said...

love the faces! dressing a doll takes e a long time too, so much to consider

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra - it looks like you are making wonderful progress. Will anxiously be waiting to "hear the rest of the story". Hugs!