Wednesday, October 28, 2015

One angel is done.

 I have mixed feelings about selling this angel, as he is most like the little man in my inspiration story. It can be a hard thing to sell something when you have labored over it. Pricing this guy at $1 makes as much sense to me as the $165 price tag I just placed on it at my Etsy shop.
Oh my-I'm even getting teary-eyed over it....
 He certainly is not polished or perfect in any way, but I can honestly say I did my best to make him as perfect as my skill or lack of it allowed. That sounds so proud, and I don't mean it to. It's just important to me to do the best I can.
I love this little guy. We've been through a lot together.
It wouldn't be complete unless I thanked God for all the answered prayer that went into it. That should have been first, and here I am -taking credit for stuff.....
Oh my. Us mortals have so much to learn.

6 comments:

Maywyn Studio said...

Ah, he's a handsome man!
Congratulations on completing him.

jenclair said...

I love him--and I know I will love the rest of the tribe as well, but his expression and his wings are simply ethereal! (I've always wanted to use that word!)

Penny said...

When something comes from your heart -- and your hands are able to create it just so -- then you SHOULD feel some pride -- otherwise we might just throw stuff together and say 'buy me'. He's a very special piece of art and I'm so very glad that we all got to see him.

susan hemann said...

he is wonderful, i know what you mean about selling him

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Debra' - He is wonderful. I can certainly understand how hard it will be to part with him. Hope all is well-will be emailing you soon. Hugs

Trish said...

You have put heart and soul into your little man...someone is going to be blessed by having him in their home. Well done, Debra...he's wonderful!