Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New year, New direction

 I love to work with cloth, and I love to make things-birds, dogs, people dolls...But my first love has always been painting. I have finally decided to go with the thing that makes me most happy when I'm making art, and that is painting.
I especially love to paint in a modern folk art style, but I will try my hand at some realistic painting too.
I used a layer of plaster wrap over the canvas and painted over it.
 
It seems funny-a few years ago I would never have thought I'd be in this place with my art.
I think I am an illustrator more than an artist-I'm not sure if much emotion gets transferred to the canvas....All I do know though, is that I love painting more than any other art form that I've done in the past 10 years or so.
 
The main thing is that I believe this is a gift from God to me, and I want to use it.
It delights me!

2 comments:

Maywyn Studio said...

Congratulations!
Your work has a charm that's not easy to achieve.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Debra - I am so glad you are sharing your painting here. It delights me too. I see great things happening for you in the coming new year. Love the cat by the way. Hope you will show more of your painting. Hugs!