Wednesday, April 27, 2016

My Book.

 Two years ago I made a book. I used old brown paper and made the pages odd sizes and the pages didn't match up. I bound them together with part of a belt and used large metal brads to hold it all together.
 I think this is a long ago picture of people in my family-but I'm not sure....




 I found an old journal in a junk shop that had lots of sayings written out-I loved using scraps from it.



 Embroidery is fun, even though I am not so good at it!

 An old water color painting I did-now I KNOW I can do it-just got to get those paints out!!!

 I like the idea of making quilt things and using the backs of the fabrics stitched together as the part that shows. I like to push things out of the ordinary and see what happens.








Thank you for looking at my odd little book! It was fun to take a break from cleaning my house to put this post together!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Totally delightful! Yes, you can do watercolor, will watch for that. I love it all, but the fibers and fabrics are my favorite pages. The belt use is genius. This is a treasure!

Debra said...

Thank you, Barbara! I agree-the fabrics are so fun-I feel like I didn't even put this book together-it had been so long since I looked at it!

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Debra what a grand book. Loved seeing your art on each page. You are so talented friend in so many ways. Thank you for sharing this amazing part of you. Happy Birthday too. I am sure I am late. What is the date?,

Penny said...

I love this - each and every page. Its so 'true to you' - which is a very difficult thing to achieve. You've reminded me that 'being myself' is probably the most important ingredient I put into anything I do or make. Thank you.

jenclair said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Debra! I love every page!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Debra,
First, thank you so much for coming over to say hello to dear Bebe.. I am so happy you enjoyed her adventures.. I hope you will join her this summer for more fun.

This book you made.. It is beyond wonderful.. You have such a creative mind.. I absolutely love it. And yes! You can do watercolor.
blessings,
Penny

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

I LOVE everything about everything in your book!!!
Love
LOVE
LOVE!!

You ART never fails to speak to me!!!
It is all very wonderful!! :-)
xx oo Linnie