Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Talking to a brown thrasher...

 Isn't he lovely? He might have flown into one of our windows-he was not a bit afraid of me. I was only a foot or so away from him in my flower garden.

 So I talked to him and told him how beautiful he was, and to get better and fly away.

 You might confuse his singing with a Mockingbird-but listen closely-you'll hear his phrases in pairs of two or three repeats. Mockingbirds sing crazy songs and will mimic sounds that they hear.
I want to try to draw and paint this beautiful bird, and perhaps someone seeing this post would like to do that too.

8 comments:

jenclair said...

He really is beautiful. How wonderful to have the opportunity to commune so closely!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How lucky you were to get so close and to visit with him! He is beautiful!

Penny said...

How wonderful to have this 'visitor'!!! He's beautiful!!

Barbara said...

It does look like he may have been stunned. Hope he recovers! So pretty...

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Oh how precious! I hope he shall be ok!! What a pretty bird with pretty eyes!
I shall like to see your painting :-)
Hugs and love, Linnie

Phyllis Oller said...

They are 1 of my fav birds,glad you got to see him up close.I love their songs.I missed you & am so glad you are branching out in your creativeness,love & hugs,phyllis

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear Debra you have such a way with birds. So glad he was alright. They are such lovely birds. Hope you do paint him. Hugs!

Vicki said...

Your beautiful photos of the brown thrasher inspired me to start a 5-minute self-challenge to paint each day--just to get back into the habit of setting aside some time for what I want and need to do! I used your beautiful photo for my first challenge. I linked the post back to you. Love you! V