Friday, July 1, 2016

watercolor bird

This is the first layer of watercolor. I think that is my favorite thing about watercolor-the layers and how it changes the colors.
I think this is a fox sparrow.
 
Yesterday we saw a gray fox, a woodchuck and four baby deer. The babies were eating under a tree together, so I'm assuming they were all one family...they were the same size. Perhaps if they were not one family, the mamas were letting them eat together while they were hidden in the brush. Seems like I remember that from reading Bambi. That book is really not a children's book. It's funny how it became one.
 
Anyway, I am just painting along and enjoying learning and experimenting. I do have to say-watercoloring is HARD at the beginning. Discouraging, frustrating, annoying. But I think it's worth it, and for some reason I'm determined to stay with it!
 
Happy 4th of July!

7 comments:

Coral Cottage said...

Hi my friend - Love this watercolor. Your talent never stops amazing me and inspiring me. I've been trying to post comments, but the system keeps kicking me out! UGH I sure hope this one goes through.

On a personal note - thank you for the card, I'm intending to reply - just too much stuff.

Keep up the lovely art and thank you for being so generous and sharing with all of us.

Love and Hugs,
Kim

Penny said...

Oh, I love this bird!! I've never done water color, except as a child. I so admire how the artist can use such subtle colors and develop the most beautiful scenes. I hope that one day you'll tell us that it has become instinctive and that it is not a challenge but pure joy!

Barbara said...

OH my, I'm glad you stayed with this. I think you are a natural!

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Beautiful! I agree with Barbara, you are a natural... Stay with it.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Thank you Debra for your kind words... I am so happy you enjoyed Rose.
blessings,
Penny

Deborah Nolan said...

Dear friend you are doing beautifully with your watercolors. Your subject is certainly perfect for you because your love for birds shows in your painting. Just love seeing what you are creating. Hugs!

Vicki said...

Beautiful work. I like your determination. I think you're are doing amazingly well at watercolor. It is difficult and can be very frustrating. You will conquer it!