Saturday, August 20, 2016

...from Whom all blessings flow...

 It is wonderful and odd at the same time to see your own artwork in print. That's how I felt when I got my artists' copy of Stampington magazine's The Coloring Studio.
 I have 3 drawings in the Autumn 2016 issue of this beautiful publication.
Colette Copeland turned one of my drawings into a completed project (see pages 32-34). I've admired Colette's art for a long time, and I feel honored!
 On pages 67 and 87 you can find two of my drawings that are simple coloring pages-but could be turned into mixed media projects as well.
This comes at an interesting time for me-I have been in a prolonged artist's block and there are times I've wanted to climb the walls of my studio and swing from the chandelier!
 
Thank you, Colette; thank you , Stampington.
 
Most of all, thank You, God.

10 comments:

Penny said...

Oh, I LOVE this!! I didn't know that Stampington had a coloring publication. I'll look for it the next time I'm at Barnes & Noble. What fun!!!

Barbara said...

Aw, great news, congratulations! You deserve it! Your drawings are so intricate. I can't imagine doing something that tedious. I've never seen anything of mine in print, but oh well. I still enjoy doing it all.

Maywyn said...

Congratulations!
What a happy time this must be for you!
I'm smiling.
Great Work!

Phyllis Oller said...

I didn`t know that they had a coloring mag,congratulations,Debra!!! Your hard work paid off! You are an inspiration to me to keep plugging along.I sent some dolls last year,Aug.15th to Prims & have not heard anything.I don`t know if that`s a bad thing or what? I am high 5-ing you,girlfriend!phyllis

A bird in the hand said...

How lovely to get a glimpse. I haven't received my copy yet (can't wait!)
I'm still amazed that we collaborated without knowing it. xoxo

Debra said...

Phylisso-They will keep your work if they think there's an issue later on that it will fit-but you could always inquire about your work to be sure.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How wonderful! Congratulations! I will look for that issue!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

So wonderful! Congratulations!

jenclair said...

Congratulations, Debra! What fun!

Vicki said...

Congratulations, Debra! You truly deserve to have your wonderful art appreciated and published! So happy for you. Now I have to find this. XO