Friday, January 6, 2017

Sophie....

This is a blog friend's dog. She posts about her life and her art, her cooking, her beautiful surroundings on her blogs. Please visit her here-Eggs in my pocket, A Needle in my Hand
Her name is Kathleen, and she has this extremely cute dog named Sophie.
 
Kathleen posted some photos of Sophie, and I asked her permission to copy them. I knew I wanted to do a painting of this dog. Finally, I did it.
There's got to be a brave heart in this doggie. She lives with rattlesnakes and awful looking spiders. And you can tell, she is a dog that knows how to smile. I just love her.
 
Of course, there's a few flaws with the painting-but I am happy that I could capture that smile, and the way her ears are crinkled. You know how they do it-when a dog is happy and they are just tuned into some kind of doggie-bliss....
 
Thank you Kathleen, for letting me paint Sophie.
Give her a big hug for me...

12 comments:

Penny said...

Its so lovely to be able to 'recreate' a loved person, animal, thing in your venue. She looks like she wants to romp across the yard, perhaps to chase a squirrel or a fallen leaf.

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Oh You have captured a DELIGHTFUL SMILE!!!
Love this painting XXX OOO
Blessings, warmth and LOVE! Linnie~Lou~lou!
(Hope you are keeping warm)!!

Barbara said...

Debra, you have captured a mischievous yet peaceful puppy face. Well done!

Coral Cottage said...

oh my love love love Sophie and the way you captured her smiling loving heart. Awesome and I look forward to visiting those blogs. Thank you for sharing Debra.

Trish said...

Debra your painting is wonderful..I love the character you've captured! That smile is great! If you want to get the music from my blog just copy the Embed code from Youtube into a HTML gadget on your blog.
It's lovely and relaxing and goes for about 3 hours I think. I have reduced the size to suit my sidebar.. but you can enlarge it by changing the Height and Width if you want. Also I added the words 'autoplay=1' in the code so that it plays automatically on my blog..you can remove those words if you don't want that. Let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to help you out :-) Bless you xx

Studio Maywyn said...

Wow! Debra you have captured Sophie's smile and personality perfectly!
Well done
Thank you for the intro to another blogger

jenclair said...

Lucky Kathleen to have a portrait painted of her beloved Sophie!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

You have captured her personality completely.........I love this painting........and to me it has no flaws! Thank you for posting and painting my Sophie!
Kathleen

Debbie Nolan said...

Wow Debra - this is superb! I am sure Kathleen just loved it. I am thrilled you posted Sophie. Looks like your new year is off to a great creative start. Hope all is well friend. Hugs!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I don't know how I missed this post, but I saw the painting on K's blog this AM. I love it and I know K does too. Nothing can be a better gift to a pet lover than a painting of their pet. Is this going to be a new venture for your business? It should be.
xx, Carol

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

We are so enjoying this beautiful painting! You are so talented. Wishing you many more pets to paint! Thank you again!

Jeri Landers said...

You've really captured the doggy's essence in her eyes and expression. I wonder, did her ear get chewed up? If she lives amongst those creatures you mentioned, the chances are good