Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Painting 13, 30 in 30 (Painting spoken for)

Field study
Debra Smith
acrylics

I am not at all happy with this one-I think it stinks! I just don't have time to finish the painting I'm working on to post that one instead of this one....Some times work just doesn't work. So you go on, and if nothing else, you learn to listen to that voice in your head that says-"ok, this one works somehow." But this one-doesn't.
Mistakes: overworking. colors that do not work together well. tired of painting when I painted it. feeling rushed. not in the groove.
But it's good-learning is always good.

4 comments:

Studio Maywyn said...

I'm feeling the trees are in a mood.
30 in 30 is also rewarding to watch.
Thank you

Barbara said...

Well, I don't think it "stinks". I'm looking at a "half full glass" and like Studio Maywyn, the trees on the right are definitely there for me! I'd perhaps gesso and repaint the left half to go with them. But wait until you are not rushed and feeling tired. ;)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, 30 in 30 definitely develops the paint everyday habit. Guess you learned something about yourself today as well. I agree, your colors weren't working. Every work is not perfection, but usually ARE a learning experience in some way.
xx, Carol

coralcottage said...

Debra - I actually rather like it. Learning is good. I feel as though I am learning along with you, lucky me. So my question to you is will these paintings be available for purchase in the future? xo kim